Tuesday 21 June 2016

Software Issues

And we're back.

Apologies for the long silence, this was due to my lap top refusing to hook up to the wi-fi. After days of typing in the password and getting nothing, Mrs Zoom says 'let's have a go', does exactly the same thing and then logs straight on. I can only put the problem down to internet voodoo.

Meanwhile, if you've been following my instagram (zoomgordo) then you'll have been seeing all the many pictures that I'm about to bombard you with. My iPhone connected fine to the wi-fi for some reason, just not my laptop.

Anyhoo, we're on the Isle of Lewis in the outer Hebrides, within sight of Callanish stone circle and the place is absolutely teeming with interesting stuff. We'd spotted a pod of porpoises swimming along side the ferry, and that was before we'd even got there. That damn near capsized the boat as Mrs Zoom pointed out the window and said 'ooh, look, porpoises' and everybody rushed to that side of the boat for a look.

Then there was the desicated deep sea monster we spotted washed up near the ferry at Ullapool. Basically, a jaw with a tail on the end that we decided was probably a monkfish.



I reckon it was dumped catch from a fishing trawler, rather than a native of the sea loch. But still, an interesting find and one that the dogs could appreciate too.

Then there were these, also spotted on the beach. They're moon jellyfish, apparently Aurelia aurita (never take my word for anything, btw).



So yeah, update number one and we haven't even got their yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment